Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What I'm Reading


I am doing this series on Wednesdays that will give me an opportunity to share what I am reading. This may vary from week to week as I tend to read multiple books at a time.




Right now I'm reading this incredible book by Sue Miller. In the chapter I am on now, Sue talks about thriving in ministry and not just surviving. She shares these lessons that she learned about ministry while going through physical therapy after knee replacement.
  • I must choose to worship only God.
  • I must choose to slow down and spend time with God.
  • I must choose to say yes to a reasonable workload that honors God, and no more.
I really love this part of what she shared:

"No one else renews my heart and soul like God. No one else speaks as much deep truth about my character as God. And nothing else has as great an impact on the rest of my day as moments shared with God."

So what are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...