Tonight was the first night of Refuge at The Gathering.
Charles Billingsley opened the evening with an incredible time of worship.
Pastor Jonathan Falwall spoke to us tonight on getting back to letting God be God. He referenced Joshua 14 during this time. He began by asking "When did we stop trusting God?" saying that we have forgotten to let God be God.
He shared five ways we can get back to that.
- Remember the words of God. "Do you remember when God called you? We need to hold on to the moment when God said to us, 'I want you to serve Me.'"
- Forget the words of others. "We need to stop listening to others and listen to the still, small voice of God."
- Start doing what we started doing. "We need to get back to our first love and preach the gospel."
- Remember the victories. "Sometimes we forget the blessings of God when we come to the challenges of man."
- Remember who God is. "We serve a God that always keeps His promises."
Here is a video that we watched tonight.
A Call to Anguish
We finished the night with a time of prayer together. I can't even tell you what a powerful moment it was when a room full of people fell to their knees crying out to God. Blew me away.