Thursday, October 7, 2010

Along the Way


As I begin this new journey in my children's ministry adventure, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering. These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

One of the most important parts of being a small group leader is prayer. Doing it, teaching it, and encouraging it.

It is important to pray each week during your personal time with God about your children's ministry. You can pray over your children's pastor, the lesson, and the children.

It is important to teach the children in your group about prayer. Share with them how much God wants them to talk with Him and how to do that.

It is important to pray with the children each week. Ask for prayer requests-they will have some. Give them an opportunity to see and hear someone pray for them. Let them pray for each other as well.

I am blessed to pray for and with my girls each week.

Here is a fantastic post on Ministry to Children about teaching children to pray that I highly recommend:
How Do You Teach Kids to Pray?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...