Thursday, September 30, 2010

Along the Way


As I begin this new journey in my children's ministry adventure, I am so excited to lead the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls in KidzPlayce at The Gathering. These Thursday posts are part of my journey along the way.

Being a small group leader in children's ministry isn't just about the words I speak, but my ability to listen as well.

Listening to God as He speaks to me during preparation through His Word and prayer.

Listening to the director as she casts the vision that God has given her for the ministry.

Listening to the girls as they open their hearts and share their hopes, fears, disappointments, and dreams.

Listening to the parents as they communicate their desire to be the spiritual leaders in their homes.

So I listen and learn and pray for all these families that I am blessed to spend time with each week. My prayer is that I will continue to hear all of them clearly as I serve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...