Friday, January 8, 2010

Clarity...

Was just thinking today...

You can get clarity on what is really important when faced with s sick child.
My little man had surgery to have his tonsils taken out today.

When they were hooking him up to the monitors and giving him the meds to make him sleepy, I was thinking of nothing else except how very much I love him.

When they were explaining to us how the surgery would happen, I was thinking of nothing else except how much I love him.

When they wheeled him out of the holding area and into surgery, I was thinking of nothing else except how much I love him.

When Donnie and I were sitting in the waiting room praying for our child, I was thinking of nothing else except how much I love him.

When we heard from the doctor how well the surgery went, I was thinking of nothing else except how much I love him.

When we were able to go back to be with him after the surgery, I was thinking of nothing else except how much I love him.

And when we brought him home from the hospital, I was thinking of nothing else except how much I love him.

I was hit with the thought...why am I not giving that same focused love to my God? Nothing should get in the way of my love for Him. Clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...