Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rest in the Lord

I am not a person who rests much. I am an "on the go" type of person. So getting sick put all that on hold today. My first thought of course was "I don't have time to be sick." But during my quiet time with God, all I kept coming to in His Word was "Be still." Not an easy task for someone like me for sure. But why does God ask us to be still? There are many reasons that He calls us to rest. Restoration, rejuvination, but most importantly to take that time to get closer to Him. So I might not have time for the sickness, but I surely will take that time to spend with my God, my Abba. I am sitting at Your feet, Lord.

This is one of the verses my Father gave to me today.

THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.
Psalm 23:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...