Friday, October 16, 2009

In my reading today this verse caught my attention...

Yet, O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our Potter, and we all are the work of Your hand.
Isaiah 64:8

I have a vision of the hands creating beautiful pottery using the potter's wheel and a gentle touch. The hands molding and fashioning the clay into what the potter envisions as beauty. The potter uses water to make the clay easier to mold. And if the clay collapses, the potter begins to work again to create that beauty.



That is such a wonderful vision of how God shapes our lives using a gentle touch to create the beauty he sees in us. And His Word is the water He uses to mold.

I have been, am, and always will be a work in progress under my Abba's gentle, loving hands. I am humbled tonight that He sees the beauty in me.

The Potter's Hand -Hillsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...